“Smart” sports watches will not only show the time, but also tell you how many calories are burned per day, and demonstrate the results of the workout. Fans of hiking and other activities will be prompted which way to go. In general, they do not occupy the functionality.
And if they are all good, then which sports watch to choose is the dilemma. In order not to spend a lot of time studying the range of Smart Watches, it is better to immediately jump to the selection of the best options. In our selection of the TOP 10 sports watches, just such are collected. Read and choose.
For runners: How to choose the right running watch: which is better in 5 ways
Apple Watch Nike Series 5 GPS 44mm Silver Aluminum
The look of Watch Nike Series 5 can be easily transformed by changing the strap, which comes in 2 sizes. A huge number of tracks from Apple Music will set the necessary rhythm for training. You can download any application using the “App Store”.
By linking the watch with an iPhone, you can easily change the settings on the Apple Watch, manage them using a smart phone. A special icon in the menu allows you to find the phone by sound, if it suddenly fell somewhere or got lost. An interesting feature is the ability to control the smart camera using the watch.
Compass and altimeter allow you to go with the watch even for a run in the park, even for the conquest of mountain peaks. By the way, with this device you can pay in shops and cafes using NFC.
Six pluses of “apple” smart watches.
one. The display can be permanently on
It displays the clock, the appearance of which you can choose from 100+ options.
2. The presence of a heart rate monitor
The watch constantly monitors the user’s heart rate, and if the pulse is too low / high, do not forget to report it.
3. Workout Tracking
They provide statistics on different sports, for example, how many km and for what time the athlete ran.
four. Special activity rings
Demonstrate the results achieved, inspire to move on, for example, organize competitions with friends.
5. Ability to stay connected
You can call yourself or receive calls, chat, dictate sms with your voice without using your phone. Siri Assistant is also here.
6. Energy saving
Apple Watch go into “sleep” mode if they are not used for a while. The function saves battery well.
For a 100% charge of the watch, ≈ 1 hour is enough. To replenish energy reserves, the device is “magnetized” to the charging circle.
- incompatible with Android gadgets;
- require daily recharging when the screen is on;
- the cost is above average.
Huawei Watch GT Black
Practically “not killed” option for sports and everyday life. The bezel (rotary mechanism on the dial) with minute markings is ceramic, the watch case itself is steel, and there is also a diamond coating. The AMOLED touch screen has a diagonal of 1.39 ″ and a resolution of 454 by 454 pixels. Therefore, the contrast and brightness are on top here.
Pros of Watch GT Silver:
- compatibility with different OS “Android”: from 4.4 and iOS from 9.0.;
- Real-time heart rate and sleep monitoring – AI sensors and algorithms monitor these indicators around the clock;
- durable battery – will last without recharging for almost a day in GPS mode and a whole month without using a heart rate monitor;
- important notifications – the chronometer will display any notification from a smart phone.
The watch will count the steps and calories burned for you, track your activity (running, walking, etc.), and point you in the right direction using a compass and GPS. Thanks to the water resistance of the outer shell, you can swim in the pool with them.
- NFS support is not provided,
- there are no hands-free functions and listening to audio tracks.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 44mm
Neat design, no additional add-ons above the display. Touch screen, AMOLED with a resolution of 360 by 360 pixels. The bezel is digital. To access the menu or various widgets, you need to swipe across the display in different directions.
On the back side there are sensors that quickly read and process information about the pulse, the number of steps, etc. The strap is quick-changeable, with the possibility of replacing it with a new one.
Pros of Galaxy Watch Active 2:
- tracking 39 types of workouts – 7 are turned on automatically, the rest can be selected from the menu;
- determination of the level of stress – using the proprietary Health application;
- the ability to create an optimal sleep and wakefulness regimen – algorithms that analyze sleep will tell you at what time it is better to go to bed and wake up for maximum rest of the body;
- the possibility of communication / correspondence – you can receive and answer calls, sms, communicate in social networks, write emails;
- watch-translator – the model is able to translate oral speech and text into 16 languages, and does it in real time.
Contactless payment, smart charging, phone camera control – all this is available on Galaxy Watch Active 2.
- the price tag is above average.
Note: How to insert a SIM card into a smart watch – instructions in 2 paragraphs
Huawei Watch GT 2 Sport
The model received a touch AMOLED display with a resolution of 454 by 454 pixels. The picture is sharp, with deep blacks and excellent color reproduction of bright tones.
This is one of the best sports watches that function not only on land, but also in water. The water resistance of the outer shell allows you to dive with the chronometer to a depth of 50 meters (≈ 10 minutes or less). True, the manufacturer still does not recommend diving with a watch. Salt water has a detrimental effect on the clock mechanism.
Five parameters that make the GT 2 Sport happy.
- 4 gigs of built-in memory
Downloading new types of watch faces, creating music collections and listening to tracks through wireless “ears” is available.
- Ability to answer a call
At the same time, you don’t need to take the smart phone out of your pocket or bag, you can talk on the speakerphone and view notifications directly from the watch.
- Variety of dashboards
The gadget will tell the user about the weather, his heart rate, stress level, display activity indicators (running, biking, swimming, triathlon, rock climbing, etc.), monitor the quality of sleep.
- Availability of active display option
With display of time on the screen. Without activating this feature, the display will turn off after 5 seconds of inactivity.
- Battery capacity 455 milliamp-hours
This is enough for the gadget to last up to 2 weeks of active use without recharging.
- LiteOS operating system does not allow you to install third-party applications;
- you can’t customize the clock “for yourself” (not counting the change of the dial), for example, delete an unnecessary widget;
- there is no way to reply to messages, only view.
Apple Watch Series 3 GPS 42mm
This device does not have to be removed if you are going to swim in the pool or frolic in the sea waves. The case is waterproof and ready to dive to a depth of 50 m. Apple Watch Series 3 GPS not only captures the results, but also motivates you to achieve new goals, providing prompts for activities and the need to take a break. Pedometer, calorie counter, sleep monitor, heart rate sensors – everything you need for sports and recreation is available.
Five chips are embedded in the Apple smart watch:
- you can receive calls and use the Internet without connecting to the iPhone, as well as give voice commands to Siri;
- tracking is provided not only for location, but for taking into account the heights and elevations on the route overcome by the athlete;
- load control – during training, the sensors monitor the heart rate, this indicator can be displayed on the screen;
- progress rings – multi-colored circles will be filled in as the user is active, with their help it is easy to track the achievement of the desired result;
- watch with a player – you can listen to your favorite tracks directly from your wrist gadget using wireless airpods.
- the energy charge lasts up to 18 hours;
- does not connect with Android devices.
Honor Watch (TLS-B19)
The body of the model is steel, polished. At the same time, it is quite light (32 g) and thin (9.8 mm). The screen is bright, touch, with a diagonal of 1.2″. There is a simple change of the strap if you want to change the style of the device. The watch face can also be changed by choosing from a variety of options.
Pros of TLS-B19.
- Dual Chipset
The watch consumes a minimum amount of energy, while showing excellent performance.
- Enduring battery
With daily use, it will last up to 7 days without a charge. The maximum will work 12-14 days.
- Tips and individual training program
The gadget evaluates the user’s physical activity and offers effective options to achieve better results.
- Support for various sports
For example, a smart watch can determine the swimming style or measure altitude and atmospheric pressure while climbing mountains. It is convenient to ride a bike or just walk with it. The gadget will record the speed of movement, the number of kilometers, tell you about the calories burned.
Withstand diving to a depth of 50 meters, so you can swim with them.
- Phone connection
The connection with the smart is via Bluetooth. On the screen of the “smart” chronometer, notifications of calls and sms are displayed.
Cons – not possible:
- reply to messages, view only;
- answer the call, only reject/mute the sound;
- play music tracks.
At the same time, in the ranking of sports watches, this model has a very affordable price tag.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm Silver
Round dial, ticking, second hand in this gadget is just like a classic mechanical watch. To work with the interface, you can use both the touch screen and the navigation ring around it. Additionally, there are 2 mechanical buttons on the right.
On the back cover there is an optical sensor that collects information about the user’s physical activity and pulse. The outer shell is dust and moisture resistant. You can swim with them, dive – no. The gadget has been assigned a waterproof standard of 5 ATM, the manufacturer guarantees that the smart watch will continue to work in the event of splashes or surface swimming.
Pros of Galaxy Watch:
- the ability to connect with gadgets on different operating systems – Android (version 5.0. and higher) and iOS (v 9.0. and higher);
- interaction with the watch using Galaxy Wearable, where you can change the dial, download third-party applications, etc .;
- managing notifications without smart – for example, open and quickly reply to an e-mail, read a message in instant messengers;
- accurate tracking and analysis of kilometers traveled, running, swimming, cycling, jumping and other activities;
- super-capacious 472 mAh battery – with minimal activity, it will last about 7 days without recharging. The watch is charged using wireless charging (included);
- a special function allows you to use the smart watch to find the lost smart by sound;
- a lot of different dials – from classic to unusual options;
- there is NFS – it means that the watch can be used to pay for purchases in stores with specials. terminals.
Galaxy Watch monitors user activity, offers to perform exercises if you stay too long in one place.
- limitation of functionality when connected to “apple” gadgets. For example, notifications do not always come to the watch.
Huawei GT 2e Graphite Black
The outer steel shell + dust and moisture protection ensure the durability of this option. On the Amoled screen with a resolution of 454 by 454 pixels, the necessary information is clearly visible, regardless of ambient lighting. The proprietary chipset “Kirin” A1 and a 455 mAh battery provide the gadget for 14 days without recharging.
Advantages of the GT 2e:
- ease of control – using the touch screen and 2 buttons on the side;
- the ability to customize the display of any necessary information on the screen, for example, a weather forecast or a pedometer;
- change the appearance of the display at your discretion – you can choose classic or unusual bright options;
- 85 training modes – record and analyze the results of climbing, running, parkour, skating and more. Training is divided into 2 groups: using GPS (for example, riding a bike) and without it. You can choose the purpose of the lesson, for example, burn a certain number of calories or overcome a kilometer;
- automatic detection when the user started training – available for 6 standard modes;
- tracking the quality of sleep and stress level – smart watches monitor the pulse, breathing and other indicators during rest and wakefulness;
- the possibility of training to music – the watch connects via bluetooth with headphones, you can store up to 500 audio tracks in memory;
- calculation of the amount of oxygen in the blood – with a special offer. breathing exercises to increase it.
- there is no way to expand the functionality with third-party programs;
- you can’t talk by the clock, you can only view sms, find out about calls, etc.
Apple Watch Series 4 44mm Silver Aluminum Case
This is an option in a rectangular waterproof case, the edges of which are neatly rounded, and the frames around the display are minimal to increase usable space. The screen now fits up to 8 different extensions. Apple Watch is not afraid of dust and splashes. In training, you can turn on your favorite tracks, news, talk shows.
Six advantages of Apple Watch Series 4:
1. The presence of a wheel on the side makes it easy to navigate the watch
When scrolling, light clicks are heard. By clicking on the wheel, you can call Siri.
2. Constant monitoring of vital signs
The Apple device monitors stress levels, motivates you to burn calories, warns if something is wrong with your heart rate. Can call the rescue service (in the US and Europe, not in our country) if the user suddenly falls. Counts calories burned during activity and at rest. Reminds you to stretch.
3. All indicators in one application
No need to search for a long time in the menu for heart rate data or other information. Everything is in the iPhone Health app.
4. Variety of workout modes
You can choose a professional or amateur program. It is possible to set a goal, count calories burned, activate competitions with a friend. The watch itself recognizes the beginning and type of physical activity.
5. Always in touch
You can answer calls, read and send SMS, give commands to Siri.
6. Water blocking
You can swim and swim with the watch. The lock is activated automatically when the device is immersed in water, the display does not respond to touch. After swimming, you need to turn the wheel on the side to unlock the screen and use successive sounds to clean the speaker from water.
- the price tag is above average;
- does not support connection with “Android”-smarts.
Article to help: Apple Watch won’t turn on: what to do and how to fix it
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active R500 Black
Watch in a compact, metal case in a classic black hue. AMOLED display is round, with a diagonal of 1.1″. The outer shell is protected from dust and moisture according to the IP68 standard. This means that water sports can be practiced with this watch. The model can be both male and female accessory.
Pros of Galaxy Watch Active R500:
1. Easy operation
It is carried out using a swipe on the touch screen, gestures and two physical buttons on the side. In high sensitivity mode, the smart watch can be used even with gloves.
2. Support handwriting and voice input messages
On the watch screen, you can read incoming SMS and application notifications. There is a small numeric keypad for typing.
3. Activity tracking
Smart Watch can count steps, take heart rate measurements and control the quality of sleep (for example, the duration of each phase). You can keep your own food diary and record the results of various workouts. The watch will show the duration of the session, the number of calories burned. When the user is immobile for more than 60 minutes. The device will remind you to be active.
4. Wireless charging
The Qi standard is used. The device can be charged using a charging “tablet” from the kit or use a smart one, for example, Galaxy S10.
5. Huge functionality
In addition to the standard alarm clock or calendar, there is a barometer, tonometer, accelometer, gyroscope and many other options. Due to the branded Samsung Pay, you can use the watch as a means of payment in stores.
- you cannot call from Galaxy Watch;
- Support for music only in MP3 format.
Useful guide: Instructions for choosing a smartwatch with blood pressure and heart rate measurement in 4 points
Bottom line: which sports watch is better – table
Any of the Smart Watches presented above will be an excellent companion for sports activities, will help keep track of the results of training, will remind you of the need for rest, proper nutrition and good sleep.
Choose the best option based on the amount you are willing to spend on purchasing a “smart” gadget and the necessary functionality. Marathon fans should also pay attention to the battery capacity of the smart watch. And it would be useful to make sure that the selected watch will connect with your smart.
An interesting article: A 5-point guide to setting up a smart watch with a tonometer: how to measure blood pressure and pulse correctly