The functionality of the smart watch allows you to answer a call and receive a text message without interrupting the driving of the car and without stopping the workout in the gym. To fully use the chasophone, it is enough to buy a SIM card and insert it correctly. How to do it — in the article.
Smart watch with phone function
The main convenience of watch phones with a SIM card is that they receive calls and messages. Watches with smart functionality, which is almost in no way inferior to a computer, are also a convenient alternative to smartphones.
Interesting: HOW TO SET UP A SMART WATCH: A STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTION IN 4 SECTIONS
The smart watch receives calls in two ways:
- The watch, having connected with a smartphone via Bluetooth, acts as a headset. Of the inconveniences — you need to keep gadgets close to each other.
- Smart watches are not dependent on a smartphone. Due to a number of features, they are often bought for children instead of a phone. In some children’s models with a SIM card, there is a signal to remove it — without the knowledge of the parents, the child will not be able to remove the device from his hand, forget it at home or at school.
Both the first and second types of devices are equipped with a speaker and a microphone, with the help of which they make and receive calls. You can also connect headphones to them.
Interesting: WHICH OF THE 2 TYPES OF HEADPHONES TO CHOOSE — OPEN OR CLOSED?
Varieties of watches with a SIM card
Depending on age, lifestyle and expectations, these types of smart watches are chosen.
They are always in touch, and their owner knows about his heart rate, calories burned, steps taken and activity indicators. Sports models help to monitor physical activity and, as a rule, are equipped with dust and moisture protection.
Equipped with the necessary options for everyday life and have access to the Internet. Device owner:
- uses calendar reminders;
- sets up a smart alarm clock;
- does not miss letters and messages from instant messengers.
Useful: HOW TO SET UP THE INTERNET ON A SMART WATCH: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE IN 6 SECTIONS
Models for children
The gadget demanded by parents will track the location and make it possible to contact the child.
When choosing a good device, the following features are appreciated:
- satellite tracking;
- synchronization with the phone of parents;
- the ability to remotely turn on the microphone and listen to what is happening around.
Clock phone for the elderly
In order not to worry about parents or grandparents, they often get a watch phone with a large SOS button. The device helps to track the route of a person, provides two-way voice communication and allows you to respond in time to changes in health indicators.
Women’s smart watch
Watch phones for women — stylish design. Otherwise, they are just as functional as unisex devices. Help you make purchases with Apple Pay or other contactless payment systems, inform you about your fitness results, give you the opportunity to listen to music and chat while walking.
We wrote: PAYING FOR PURCHASES WITH SMART WATCH WITH NFC — 4 EXPLANATORY SECTIONS
The main differences between the watches
Devices with a SIM card provide the following features:
- make outgoing calls;
- accept incoming;
- receive and respond to SMS notifications;
- communicate in different messengers.
In addition to the standard functions for watch phones, some models have 1 or even 2 cameras.
In some accessories, you can install two SIM cards.
When choosing a watch, a microSD slot is important. The media will provide additional storage space for the information.
Smart watches also differ in screen — there are models with a touch screen or push-button, monochrome or color (for example, GOGPS ME K19 — a blue watch phone with a built-in camera and a color monitor).
Features of watch phones for children
Accessories for a child are a symbiosis of a watch that shows the time, a mobile phone, and a toy with a cool design.
For parents, having a gadget means a number of advantages:
- the child communicates on the clock phone only with certain subscribers, whose numbers were entered with the permission of adults;
- full synchronization of the device with the smartphone of mom and / or dad;
- parental control option — filtering calls from other people’s (unknown) numbers.
The navigator function informs about the location of the child and the route of his movements.
Important: All smartwatches with a SIM card for the younger generation are equipped with a shock-resistant case, and protection against dust and moisture increases the life of the equipment.
Recommended: SOLVING PROBLEMS WHEN USING SMARTWATCH — INSTRUCTIONS IN 3 SECTIONS
How to insert a SIM card
Do not rush to insert a SIM card that has just been taken out of the box into a smart watch. She needs to be prepared. How to do this is written below.
Which sim to use
It is better not to use a SIM card for a smartphone, but to buy a card for smart gadgets from operators — it will be accurately recognized by the device, it will not have problems with geolocation.
On a note: Before choosing an Internet package, you should read the recommendation from the instructions for the watch. No need to take less than the amount that is indicated in it (usually 2-3 GB per month).
Given the limited parameters, the gadget needs a special card. There are three formats:
- 3G Micro-SIM.
- 4G Nano-SIM.
Most often, micro- and nano- are installed in watch phones. The choice is influenced by the model of the accessory.
On a note: Despite the prefix -mini, Mini-sim is the largest.
If you do not want to change the old SIM, you can go in three ways:
- Buy a card by linking any number to it. The most proven way.
- Ask the operator for a replacement or a new card. The longest.
- Cut your SIM card according to the template. The most extreme and unreliable way.
After that, they take the next step.
Informative: HOW TO CHARGE YOUR SMARTWATCH CORRECTLY: 3 WAYS TO SAVE THE BATTERY
SIM preparation and activation
- Before installing a SIM card in a smart watch, you need to test it by installing it in your smartphone.
- Make calls and send SMS.
- To use the Internet in the watch phone, activate the transfer of mobile data.
- Check the balance and, if necessary, top up.
Having entered your personal account from the same phone, they control the balance and connect the necessary services, set up login data (login, password).
Important! Before installation, it is worth resetting the pin code, if it is activated.
Where to insert a SIM card in a watch
All models have different installation locations:
- on the side, under the rubber plug — as a rule, there is a SIM card slot for a watch phone with increased dust and moisture protection;
- under the back cover and battery;
- under the back cover.
In order not to get confused, you should take a closer look at the clock phone circuit in the instructions — it tells how smart watches work, the location of the connectors and slots is indicated.
Which side to insert the sim card
After the slot is detected, the SIM installation side is determined (usually the cut corner is located at the bottom). Often the manufacturer writes a hint on the slot in the form of the location of the side with a beveled corner.
After setting the card in place, press it until it clicks with a needle or toothpick.
Then they act in the opposite direction: install the battery, close the lid, put the silicone plug in place.
After simple manipulations, the watch phone is ready for use.
Advantages and disadvantages of a smart watch with a SIM card
The market is replete with various offers of smart watches with a SIM card. Having studied the input data, you can choose the option for businessmen, athletes, children, parents and other categories of users. Installing a SIM card does not take much time, but their owners get confidence in a reliable connection and comfort in the form of free hands.